- Thank you for using our software at www.advicerevolution.com.au (‘Software‘). The Software is a process management tool (‘Services’) through which financial advisers (‘Financial Adviser’) can provide personalised financial services and practice management services (‘Financial Adviser Services’) for their clients (‘Client/s’).
- The Software is operated by Advice Revolution Pty Ltd (ACN 623 443 443) (‘Advice Revolution’). Advice Revolution functions solely as the operator of the Software as a platform that connects the Financial Adviser with a Client. We supply a platform that includes various applications, interactive tools and modules to facilitate a contract of services between Financial Adviser and Client (the ‘Platform’).
- Advice Revolution provides a Platform only and does not provide financial advice or financial services. The Financial Adviser Services are provided by the Financial Adviser who is not employed by Advice Revolution or any of its affiliates. Any such contracts for Financial Adviser Services are between the Financial Adviser and the Client. Advice Revolution is not a party to such contract. You agree that Advice Revolution is not a financial services provider or financial advisor and is not liable for any Financial Adviser Services booked through our Software.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (NDB), and the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand) (collectively ‘Privacy Laws’).
- Advice Revolution values transparency and privacy. We are committed to protecting the personal information that we collect, store and use when you access our Software and Services (‘Personal Information’). Personal Information is information about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from that information.
- To obtain full access to the Software, user must sign up for an account, as applicable.
- Practice Account;
- Adviser Account;
- Adviser Support Account; or
- Client Account,
(collectively, ‘Member Account’).
By signing up for a Member Account, users agree to be bound by these Terms.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
- When you use our Software and our Services, we collect Personal Information. The ways we collect Personal Information can be broadly categorised into the following:
- Information you provide to us directly: When you use some parts of our Software and/or the Services we might ask you to provide Personal Information to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up, direct data entry from you, respond to an email from us or an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you do not want to provide us with personal data, you do not have to, but it might mean you cannot use some parts of our websites or Services.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you use the Software and/or Services, like your IP address and device type or when we obtain data feeds through our software tools. We also collect information when you navigate through our website, the Software and Services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you are using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible.
- Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect Personal Information about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We may use this information to supplement the Personal Information we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our Services, and to validate the Personal Information you provide.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We receive and store Personal Information you provide to us through the supply of our Services, through your use of our Software, when we answer your queries or when you submit Personal Information to us online when you use our Platform.
- Personal Information about users of our Software is collected only when it is knowingly and voluntarily submitted with your consent. For example, we may need to collect this information to provide you with our Services or to answer any requests or enquiries.
- We only collect Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for the purpose of our functions.
- For any of our Services that require a login and password (‘Login Details’), it is your responsibility to keep your Login Details confidential and secure.
- We ask you to provide Personal Information and obtain other information from you when you use our Software and Services.
- This Personal Information may include:
- name, phone number, address;
- usernames, passwords, email addresses;
- tax file number;
- financial information that includes details of your personal and financial affairs, needs and objectives, as provided by you or that you submit online to allow for the provision of Financial Adviser Services;
- forms submitted and user preferences;
- non-identifiable device information, IP addresses, location data, system logs, browser activity, operating system, length of visit, number of visits and referral sources, user preference settings, and unique IDs generate for each application sign in;
- information from authorised third-party sources that may include name, addresses, email addresses, phone number and demographic data; and
- information collected through the supply of our Services.
- We may collect additional information from you at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys, or when you email us or communicate with our support team.
- We also collect and use Personal Information to improve our Services through marketing communications.
- You are solely responsible for:
- the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of the Personal Information that you provide to us; and
- accessing and updating that Personal Information if it is inaccurate or complete.
- We may collect information from you with your express consent that is considered sensitive information or otherwise highly confidential, for example, financial data, tax records or health information (‘Confidential Information’) You must be adequately informed before giving this consent, you must give this consent voluntarily, the consent must be current and specific, and you must have the capacity to understand and communicate your consent.
- We process your Confidential Information on our Platform to provide you with our Services subject to that information being reasonably necessary for the performance of our activities.
- Your own your Confidential Information and can decide who accesses it and you have a right to access it by asking us for a copy. You can add or delete information or change who has a right to access your records by changing the information in your Member Account.
- You can also contact us at any time to request information about the records that we hold about you, to correct any information that we hold about you, to delete any information that we hold about you or to opt out of emails, marketing or any other notifications that you receive from us.
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use your Personal Information and you consent to us using your Personal Information to:
- supply you with and market the Services and our Software;
- provide you with information and updates about our Software and our Services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, SMS or mail;
- manage, research and develop our Services, including through data analytics;
- administer our business activities and internal record keeping;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance obligations; and
- investigate any complaints.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties where:
- the disclosure is directly related to the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected, and we have no reason to believe that you would object;
- you are likely to be aware, or have been made aware, that Personal Information of that kind is usually disclosed;
- where we believe on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of you or another person; or
- where that disclosure is authorised, otherwise permitted or required by law.
- We also use your Personal Information to assist us in providing our Services to you, to verify your identity, contact you or respond to your queries, display, update and maintain the Platform and its content, tailor your experience of the Platform and our communications to you.
- If you choose to withhold your Personal Information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our Services or for you to access certain parts of our Software or for us to respond to your query.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
- From time to time, Advice Revolution may share or disclose your Personal Information or data, on a confidential basis, to any of our officers, employees, vendors, service providers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, third party service providers or subcontractors (including outsourced back office (BPO) services) and others that we transact with in the ordinary operation of our business, shipping and fulfilment companies, marketing and promotion, user experience research and surveys, Software hosting, and support and maintenance. We will disclose your Personal Information only for the extent required by our third-party service providers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary to provide our Services to you. For any referrals for advice services or financial product implementation, we will first seek your express consent.
- You agree that we may also retain, disclose, and publish aggregated data in a form that does not identify you individually for the purposes of:
- providing insights to our users;
- conducting market research; and
(c) user experience analysis
You also expressly consent for us to sell and commercialise aggregated data that is de-identified.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user information databases, together with any Personal Information and non-Personal Information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality.
Personal Information that we collect from you will be stored in servers located in Australia.
MANNER OF COLLECTION
You, as a Client or Financial Adviser as applicable, own all rights, title and interest in the content and Personal Information that you provide to us (‘Member Data’).
You are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of your Member Data.
You grant to Advice Revolution, or to any third parties used by us to provide the Software or Services and any associated software, a non-exclusive, worldwide and royalty free licence to use, copy, display, perform, distribute, disseminate, transmit, translate, edit, cache and create derivative works of Member Data.
Advice Revolution or any related entities owns all right, title and interest in any data or information that we create, generate, compile, derive or produce in connection with any supply of our Software or Services, including data and information that is:
- aggregate or raw or statistical relating to usage, analyses and results of the Software;
- for the purpose of optimising delivery, commercialisation and performance of our Software; and
- samples and prototypes, conclusions, techniques, know how, methods, and undocumented findings generated in the usual course of our business.
USER EXPERIENCE TRACKING
Advice Revolution may use various user experience tracking tools including but not limited to Google Analytics Advertising products such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects data about our Software traffic via Google Advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. Data collected via these Google products is not linked with any personally identifiable information you submit while on our Platform. If you wish to opt out of the Google Analytics data collection, you may do so on Google’s Software at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
As is true of most platforms and mobile applications, we and, in some instances, our third-party tracking-utility partners automatically gather certain information and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
Advice Revolution uses this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the Platform, to track users’ movements around the Platform and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Advice Revolution and its marketing and development partners, affiliates, and analytics or third-party service providers or subcontractors, such as online customer support provider and email marketing system, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the Software, tracking users’ movements around the Software and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as on an aggregated basis.
Advice Revolution may use your Personal Information to provide you with materials, promotions and communications from time to time about Services available to you or from other service providers in partnership with us, or to invite you to continue to use our Services. This information will only come from us.
You may opt out of receiving promotional materials from us at any time by contacting using the details set out in the Contact us section below or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the relevant promotional emails.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You use of our Software and Services is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that our systems and stored data will be completely free from third party interception or data corruption.
- Advice Revolution will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information unauthorised access, use and disclosure but to the maximum extent permitted by law we exclude all liability for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your information. This includes but is not limited to loss or damage you or your clients might suffer because of:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, data breach, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third-party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Platform (including third party material and advertisements on the Platform, if any); or
- the provision of credit card or other financial or confidential information, the failure to complete or delay in completing any transaction or any other loss or damage arising from any transaction our Platform.
- Certain parts of the Platform (such as those parts that require you to provide us with your credit card number) provide the ability for you to transmit information to our Platform in an encrypted form by using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We cannot ensure or warrant, and do not warrant, the absolute security or privacy of your Personal Information, including payment and account details. If you have any questions regarding security, you can contact us using the details set out in the Contact us section below.
- If you use our Platform to link to another website, we encourage you to view their terms and conditions of use, privacy policies and security statements before disclosing any of your Personal Information on those platforms.
- You understand that we do not guarantee or warrant the absolute privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you. If you have any questions about privacy or security, please contact us.
NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACH
- The security of your data is important to us but remember no method of transmission over the internet is 100% private and secure. We do not guarantee or warrant the absolute privacy or security of any data we collect from or about you.
- The Internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the internet. Information submitted unencrypted via electronic mail or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified.
- A reportable “Data Breach” is a security incident where the integrity of Personal Information is compromised through being destroyed, lost, altered, corrupted, disclosed or accessed by an unauthorised person where it is likely to result in serious harm to any individual affected.
- We have procedures and systems in place including a data breach incident response plan, specific data breach policies and procedures and personnel to deal with an actual or suspected “Data Breach” and will notify you and the applicable regulator in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Laws and NDB.
- Please report to Advice Revolution any actual or suspected data breaches for investigation by using the contact details provided below.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- It is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to your personal details to ensure we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you wish to access some or all of the Personal Information that you have provided us, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact us section below.
- We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our supply of Services to you.
- If you believe that your Personal Information with us is incorrect, you may request for the amendment of such information. You may also request that we delete your Personal Information with us.
- If you request Advice Revolution not to use your Personal Information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt reasonable measures to observe your request but we may, to the extent permitted by law, still use or disclose your Personal Information if you subsequently consent to the disclosure or if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or is otherwise required or authorised by law. If you know the information, we hold about you is not accurate or complete, please notify us. We will respond to requests for access within fourteen (14) days.
- We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your subscription is active or as needed to provide you Services. We may retain back-ups of your Personal Information and data unless you request us to delete your Personal Information. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If we use your Personal Information to market and promote our Services, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by contacting us directly or through the “unsubscribe” mechanism in our marketing or promotional emails.
IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS
- If you have any concerns about how we handle your Personal Information or if you need further information, please contact us.
- We may change this policy from time to time to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to regularly review this statement to inform yourself of any amendments.
This Software is owned and operated by Advice Revolution Pty Ltd (ACN 623 443 443).
You can contact us by email at email@example.com
© 2020 Advice Revolution Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.